Rāmere - Friday 27th August

 Kia ora koutou, hello everyone, kei te pēhea koe? How are you feeling? Kei te ngenge au, I am feeling sleepy today. What a contrast we have in the weather today, grey skies, rain and cooler temperatures make me feel like having a slow day and hibernating. I think we will get a lot of beaded bracelets made today, maybe some knitting, drawing, playing with blocks and making marble tracks. 

Fridays have a slower pace at school too, the end of the week brings tired children into the classroom. We start Friday mornings with blocks, books and treasures to explore, with lots of social interactions and community building with sharing materials and spaces. 

This morning as I work I can hear Ash and the kids making robots out of duplo, how fun!

Literacy

Draw something you have enjoyed doing this week, maybe it was going for a walk with your family, maybe you've done some baking, perhaps an obstacle course, or playing with buttons, you may have played darts or chess, maybe you've mended a favourite pair of pyjamas or done Janice's handwork activity? 

After you have drawn your picture, ask someone in your bubble to help you write a sentence about it. I'm pretty sure you will be able to identify the first letter sound in each word, try and discover what the rest of the sounds in the words are together. There may be some tricky words that can't be sounded out phonetically (letter sound representations), in this case it is totally fine to tell your child the letters.

I'd love to see your pictures! If you are able to take a photo and send it through, please do! 

Here's some of your work so far...







Fantastic writing team, and so lovely to hear from you!
Sylvie Joy is continuing the love of making books, this one is inspired by finding a goldfinch that one of her cats gifted her family...



Maths

How did you go with your counting yesterday? 

Did anyone make playdough this week? If you have, you could try making shapes out of your playdough like I have in the picture below.


Yesterday Mattia made shape crackers, what a clever idea!!




Can you make some problems about the people in Numberland? What is Farmer Plus adding? What is Mr Minus giving away?




That's all from me for now, you'll likely hear from me after the announcement later today from Jacinda. Remember to check the school website for updates from Steven. Stay safe, look after yourselves and each other.

Arohanui

Stacey

PS - I have added a couple more movement songs into the finger games and movement post. Enjoy!


Comments