Rāhina - Monday 6th September

 Ata mārie e te whānau

I hope you all had a lovely relaxed weekend and enjoyed the glorious weather we had. I went for a lovely long walk on Saturday with te rā shining down on me along my local awa, next to paddocks of horses and the view of our wonderful hills grounding me. As you know, I have been staying at mum's for lockdown due to the no bathroom situation and it was really nice to have a slight change in scenery walking from my home after visiting and feeding my wee cat, Gaia. It's amazing how something as simple as walking somewhere different made me feel so much more free and relaxed. 

Father's Day was a huge success although Dotty was so excited about giving Ash the presents she had spent countless hours creating that it became quite difficult allowing him his promised sleep in. I made him a massive breakfast that would make Farmer Plus proud, then we went to fed Gaia and went for a walk along the water and sat down overlooking the ocean with ice creams! We ended the lovely day with delicious souvlaki and all ate far too much again. 



Literacy

I didn't hear from anyone on Friday so not sure how you found the new literacy activity I gave, I'm hoping that no news is good news and you all found it easy and enjoyable? 

I am going to give you a word. Can you change the beginning sound/letter to make other words?

Example:
/t/op - /m/op - /p/op - /h/op - /c/op - /l/op - /s/op.

Your word is big, how many 3 letter words can you make that end in ig-?

Extra for experts, can you change the final sound/letter to make words? How many 3 letter words can you make that start with bi-?

Example:
to/p/ - to/g/ - to/w/ - to/y/ 


Maths

Today you have a maths scavenger hunt, if you have a printer you could print this off, otherwise you could draw it out?

Something square 

 

A circle 

 

A triangle 

 

Something about the size of an apple 

 

 

Something smaller than your thumbnail 

 

Something twice as long as your foot 

 

A pattern 

 

 

Δ♥♥Δ♥♥Δ 

 

An even number 

 

 

 

2, 4, 6, 8 

Something that comes in pairs (twos) 

 

 

 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 


Arohanui

Stacey

Comments