Rāpare - Thursday September 2nd

 Ata mārie koutou

Yesterday I took my Granny some apples. I have been doing her groceries online for her in Level 4 and instead of apples, they delivered potatoes. Gigi (what I call my granny) and Poppa are pretty stuck in their routines, every day has it's own job, for example, every Friday at 2pm you will find them at the supermarket. The relief of being able to have their apples dropped off was huge, they can eat their daily apple and resume some small slice of normality. 

It reminded me of the routines that our little people have, every day has it's own subjects and when that changes, it does throw them. So much of our praise goes out to the essential workers, and the parents who are juggling work and children, but I think we also need to give some credit to our tamariki. Our children are so out of routine, they live in strong rhythms that have suddenly changed. They can't see their friends. They can't play at the playground. They can't go to swimming lessons, dance classes, gymnastics or any other extra curricular activities they would usually get to go to. They aren't coming to school and seeing the people they spend so much time with, the smells they are usually surrounded by, the routines, rhythms, motions of school life. Some praise must go to our tamariki who have adapted without really understanding why. 

Anyway, that is enough of my thoughts and musings for today. In doing so I realised I was so caught up in the excitement of the change of season yesterday that I forgot it was Wednesday and we didn't have any kapa haka or eurythmy activities. Apologies for that!

Literacy

b 

d 

f 

g 

o 

j 

n 

r 

x 


How many words can you make? Remember to say each letter's sound as you write them out. 
Can you use three words and make a sentence? eg - The fox and dog went for a jog. 


Image from - https://www.instagram.com/juniperfoxx/

Ps, if you like foxes I highly recommend checking this adorable website out... https://www.juniperfoxx.com/



Maths

Practice skip counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.

Counting Challenge: 
1. How many doors do you have in your house? 
2. How many windows do you have in your house? 
3. How many plates do you have in your house? 
4. How many legs can you find in your house? Include legs on pets, chairs, tables and any other legs you can think of!


Yesterday I got sent some amazing photos of the Spring activities....




Have a wonderful day, 

Until tomorrow,

Arohanui
Stacey



Comments